Thanksgiving: Sweet Potato and Rosemary Gratin
November 21st, 2013 | Autumn, Cooking, Thanksgiving
Sweet Potato and Rosemary Gratin
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8” rounds
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a round 8” cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes, buttermilk and 1 clove of minced garlic into a large mixing bowl and toss together. Allow mixture to sit for 30 minutes.
- Line the bottom of the cake pan with a single layer of potato rounds. Some overlapping is okay.
- Sprinkle the top with some garlic, rosemary and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and continue layering gratin until all ingredients have been used.
- Tightly cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork tender. Remove foil and invert onto an oven safe dish. Sprinkle top with parmesan.
- Turn oven onto broil and return gratin back to oven. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and top has crisped up.
- Allow gratin to cool slightly before slicing and serving. – images and recipe: Spoonforkbacon.com