THE WIFE’s Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup:
- 1 Sugar Pumpkin
- 2 Carrots
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Curry Powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 700 ml Chicken Stock
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 4 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350′ Degrees
- Peel and cut your carrots into small cubes, place on a baking sheet. Generously season with olive oil, brown sugar, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut your pumpkin into small cubes until you have enough to cover an entire baking sheet. Generously season with olive oil, brown sugar, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a large pot with medium to high heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add the roasted pumpkin and carrots, mix well and cook briefly. Pour in chicken broth, coconut milk and orange juice, reduce heat, cover cook for 20 Minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a blender and puree.
- Serve and season with salt and pepper. -Taryn Cox for THE WIFE /image: Loveandlemons.com