Valentine’s Day: XO Rice Krispies Treats
January 30th, 2013 | Cooking, Valentine's Day
This weekend get your kids cooking in the kitchen for this creative take on rice krispies treats. Tell friends and family you love them with colorful and delicious X’s and O’s! Click Continue Reading for Recipe. -Taryn Cox for THE WIFE
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows or 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème.
- 6 cups of rice krispies cereal
- Valentine-themed cookie cutters (XO cookie cutters, candylandcrafts.com)
- Food coloring
- Wax paper
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until completely melted, add food coloring and then remove from heat.
- Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Cover a flat surface with wax paper. Using buttered spatula or wax paper transport mixture to surface and flatten out. Create designs using cookie cutters.
- Place XO shapes onto a tray covered with wax paper and pop into the fridge to cool.
- Place in desired packaging and give to friends and loved ones as gifts. Best if served the same day. -RealSimple.com